Friday, May 28, 2010

Back from the Land of Enchantment

New Mexico
I have just returned home to California after a wonderful week of vacation in New Mexico, aka the Land of Enchantment. I'll post more pictures as time permits. Click the photo above for a larger view.

Recently read
I have read Boneshaker by Cherie Priest (Tor Books, 2009) and The Sorcerer's House by Gene Wolfe (Tor Books, 2010) and I will have something to say about each book soon. Boneshaker is a Hugo finalist (voting deadline is 31 July 2010), it is on the Locus Awards short list, and it was a Nebula Award finalist (won earlier this month by The Windup Girl).

Currently reading
I am reading The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms by N.K. Jemisin (Orbit, 2010), the author's first novel, and The Best Science Fiction and Fantasy of the Year Volume 4 edited by Jonathan Strahan (Night Shade Books, 2010), which I may review on a story-by-story basis as I did for Year's Best SF 14.

No comments:

Post a Comment